Imagine a peaceful place just for you, where the sunlight streams through and it’s so quiet you can hear….your kids screaming for a snack from inside the house. They’ll find you eventually, but until then, this moment is just for you and the sunlight is streaming in your beautiful potting shed. The 8 ft. x 12 ft. Sunshed Garden Potting Shed strikes the perfect balance between form and function. In other words, it looks fantastic while providing you with plenty of options on how to use the space. Use it as a greenhouse to get an early start on your growing season. Use it as a hobby house or retreat where the natural light creates the perfect creative environment, or just use it as a simple but beautiful storage solution. The point is, now you’ve got options with great style!
The 8 ft. x 12 ft. Sunshed Garden Potting Shed features a panelized wall and roof design manufactured with OLT’s proprietary cedar lap wall siding and roof shingles. This design offers strength and durability, and most importantly ease of assembly. Installation is easy and safe and requires no dangerous, time consuming cutting. Simply screw or nail the components together with the supplied hardware.
Assembly takes two to three days to complete with a helper and the kit includes a detailed homeowner’s assembly manual. Weekend and evening assembly assistance is available through our toll free customer support line at 1-888-658-1658. The 31 in. wide Dutch Door (2 pieces) gives the shed a charming look while providing additional functionality for you. The shed is 587 cu. ft. and packs a ton of storage capacity due to its 85” high wall on one side. Eight functional aluminum windows with screens and locks offer great ventilation, while at the same time keeping the bugs out.
One side of the roof utilizes a 6mm thick twin wall Polygal panel that is translucent, allowing filtered light to pour in – great for growing all your vegetables and working in! Because the shed is panelized, the walls, windows, door, and roof can be orientated in several different configurations to best fit your situation.
The 8 ft. x 12 ft. Sunshed Garden Potting Shed also includes a 16 in. deep L-shaped full-wall workbench that makes a convenient place to work or store your supplies. The shed is made entirely with renewable resources and accepts a wide range of finishes to help you create a personalized look.
The entire unit ships on a pallet via a motor freight company directly to your residence. See our home delivery options to learn more!
If you ordered a liftgate delivery:
The driver will take your skid to the back of the truck, place it on the liftgate, lower it to the ground and place it next to the truck.
· Use the plastic shipping tarp to cover and protect your pieces until you are ready start your project. When finished using it for this…repurpose it!
· If liftgated down, take a minute or two to cut the straps and pull off the tarp. Check for corner damages, wood chips, sharp cuts and gouges in the product and if the pallet is broken.
Hand Offload Only:
If you ordered the lift-gate option the driver will take your
skid to the back of the truck, cut the straps and hand the pieces down to
you. Most individual pieces weigh no more than 30-50 lbs.
· There is a time limit of 15-20 free minutes so it is best to have someone there to assist you.
· If hand offloading, briefly check all the pieces as they are handed to you.
On the Day of the Delivery
· On the morning of the delivery, call the carrier to confirm your shipment is on schedule. Carriers typically deliver between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – make sure you are present or have someone available to receive the shipment.
· Make sure your delivery location is easily accessible to the truck and driver. Move vehicles if necessary. Drivers are not allowed to deliver freight that they deem dangerous to themselves or that may damage your property etc.
When the Truck Arrives:
· While the unit is still in the truck, confirm the shipping label has your name, address and is the correct product. If not, call us immediately.
Damages – IMPORTANT
· At the time of delivery, DO NOT SIGN until you have inspected the freight! Look inside the truck to make sure the unit is not damaged before unloading.
· Occasionally the driver will be in a rush and want you to sign quickly. It is your right to take a few minutes to inspect the freight.
· If you notice any damages, please make the notation ‘damaged’ on the delivery receipt upon signing for the goods. Take pictures of anything you think looks like damage, including the pallet and call our customer support line at 1-888-658-1658.
· If there is damage, it is usually quicker and easier to send replacement pieces.
· It is our policy to replace any broken or damaged pieces immediately and to your satisfaction if this notation is shown on both yours and the carrier’s copy of the proof of delivery.
· Remember – you do not have to accept the freight! If your freight shows catastrophic damage, ie – not on a pallet or with multiple pieces broken and sticking out and without our plastic wrap, you can refuse the delivery. Please call our customer support line at 1-888-658-1658 immediately so we can advise you how to proceed.
For a more detailed read:
Delivery Times and Delays
· The time it takes to do home deliveries can be unpredictable.
· Traffic and weather can cause delays.
· Morning appointments are usually met, however it is possible that afternoon deliveries may be delivered late or not at all that day.
· If you are concerned, contact the carrier terminal to make sure they are on schedule.
· When making your initial appointment, request a morning appointment if possible. You can also enquire if the carrier does weekend deliveries.
· Be sure to ask for a weekend contact and phone number.